Questions for Oral Answer - September 5
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: What steps is the Government taking to build a productive and competitive economy in view of the contraction in the tradable sector and negative growth in manufacturing seen in the mid-2000s?
2. Le'aufa'amulia ASENATI LOLE-TAYLOR to the Minister of Police: What reports, if any, has she received from the Police concerning public harassment and intimidation from street prostitutes and their clients in South Auckland?
3. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree that the Government’s review of telecommunications law which may benefit Chorus by up to $160 million and the $30 million taxpayer funded subsidy to the Rio Tinto-owned Tiwai Smelter are examples of corporate welfare; if not, why not?
4. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What reports has he received on the petroleum and minerals sector in New Zealand?
5. JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Social Development: Does she have any concerns that the changes to welfare implemented by her this year are causing some beneficiaries trauma; if not, why not?
6. Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister of Health: What progress is the Government making in improving waiting times for elective services?
7. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all his statements?
8. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Revenue: What recent initiative has the Government put in place to improve compliance with child support and student loan repayment obligations?
9. Hon DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister for Primary Industries: Does he stand by all his statements?
10. CLAUDETTE HAUITI to the Minister of Local Government: What is the Government doing to make it easier to vote in local body elections?
11. KEVIN HAGUE to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by his statement that “the Government is committed to improving health services for diabetes and heart disease, with a strong focus on prevention”?
12. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Finance: Has he been advised which banks have put up their interest rates or bank charges since Loan to Value lending limits were announced?