Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 23 Nov 2006
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 23 November 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon MARK GOSCHE to the Minister of Defence: What role is the New Zealand Defence Force playing in Tonga?
2. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has he received on the possible impact of the proposed week-long laboratory workers’ strike on hospital services?
3. Dr PITA SHARPLES to the Minister of Education: What is the Government doing to address disparities in the numbers of child care centres accessing the highest rate of funding, illustrated by the fact that 85 percent of Christchurch City centres are on the highest funding rates, whereas in Auckland City just 16 percent of centres are accessing the highest rates?
4. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: What did the group manager of service international attempt to communicate to the previous Associate Minister’s office, when he confirmed to the House yesterday that “Mr Tavita, the group manager of service international, attempted to communicate with the previous Associate Minister’s office.”?
5. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Has he been informed that antenatal HIV testing now available to pregnant women in the Waikato has already resulted in the discovery of one pregnant woman with HIV who is now undergoing treatment which will prevent her baby being born with HIV, and what is his ministry doing to ensure that such testing is available to all pregnant women as soon as possible?
6. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Does he have confidence in his department; if so, why?
7. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: How will the Government-Green Party solar water heating programme contribute to meeting New Zealand’s obligations under the Kyoto Protocol?
8. ANNE TOLLEY to the Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment (CYF): Does she support the statement that “Child, Youth and Family is committed to improving our relationship with community organisations and service providers.”, as asserted in its annual report?
9. PETER BROWN to the Minister for ACC: What recent announcements has the Minister made concerning ACC and physiotherapy services?
10. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Education: How many three and four year olds will receive 20 free hours of early childhood education from July 2007?
11. TIM BARNETT to the Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector: What steps is the Government taking to strengthen the capability and skills of communities?
12. NATHAN GUY to the Minister of Health: What reports has he received, if any, on the Horowhenua Health Centre, and how many GPs have been secured for the Centre?