Monthly Economic Indicators report August 2019
The Monthly Economic Indicators report for August 2019 is now available on the Treasury website.
- Continued weakness in business confidence to weigh on domestic economic growth
- Unemployment reaches 11 year low at 3.9% for the June quarter of 2019
- Commodity prices and visitor numbers fell, which may reduce export receipts
- Renewed US-China trade tensions lead to significant market volatility
- Global slowdown in manufacturing continues, but shows little sign of spilling over into services